- REVENT & CORRECT FLAT SPOTS: Tortle is the low-cost, active solution to an epidemic among infants — flat head syndrome. The repositioning beanie is designed to help correct and prevent flat head and its associated medical problems. This device expertly provides your baby with repositioning care and support so that they will have the best chance of healthy development.
- HOW TO USE: Simply slip the beanie onto your baby’s head with the roll placed between the back of the head and one of baby’s ears, and fasten the hook-and-loop opening on the front. Next, adjust the side elastic straps by pulling them forward and securing them in place. With the help of the straps and the non-slip-grip silicone dots, the cap will stay in place.
- SIZING: This innovative cap comes in 2 convenient sizes: medium and large. The medium is for children with a head circumference of 15” to 16.5” (usually 2-4 months old), and the large is for children with a head circumference of 16.5” to 18” (usually 4-6 months old). It takes time for the baby to become familiar with the product. Repositioning the head will help to overcome the problem but they will often experience some initial discomfort. THIS MEANS ITS WORKING!
- REPOSITIONING TECHNIQUES: There are a variety of repositioning techniques you can use along with this corrector beanie for quicker results. Consider alternating where you place their head each night. You can also move your newborn’s cot to different parts of the room. Placing a mobile in different places on and around the cot may also help so they won’t rest their head in the same position.
- TORTLE: As a mother and a doctor, Tortle’s creator, Dr. Jane Scott, knows that new parents have enough to worry about — Dr. Jane herself is a mother of four! She knows first-hand the fear that permeates the parenting experience, which is why she set out to design a device that would help relieve some new-parent worry and promote health and wellbeing in new babies.
CHAMPION YOUR BABY’S HEALTH
Tortle new and revolutionary head repositioning beanie is designed to help prevent and eliminate Flat Head Syndrome as your baby grows.
The new Tortle Lucky Elephant design has several improvements that make it especially good for infants who already have flat head syndrome. It has a redesigned front opening which makes it easier for you to place it correctly on the baby’s head and redesigned side tabs for improved fit. It also has a slightly larger and contoured roll to better deflect a baby’s head off the flat spot.
We’ve also added some ‘silicon dots’ to the inside facing to help prevent slippage. The silicone dots on the inside of the Tortle are similar to those found on yoga and athletic gear, and they will help keep the Tortle positioned correctly on your baby’s head. They may leave small marks on your baby’s skin. This is normal. They are temporary and they will disappear shortly after the Tortle is removed.
When you first place a Tortle on your baby, he or she may fuss and seem not to like it. This is natural, especially if your baby is not used to wearing a hat. The Tortle may also cause them to fuss because it is preventing them from resting their head in the position that caused the flat spot or Torticollis in the first place. Most babies adjust quickly to their new head position and adapt well to your repositioning practices.
The Lucky Elephant beanie promotes your child’s healthy development with the most advanced positioning aid for the management and prevention of flat head syndrome. By actively deflecting your baby’s head to different areas while they’re lying against a flat surface such as a mattress, car seat, or stroller, the Lucky Elephant gently reshapes your baby’s head.
“Excellent product!! my baby had a very very flat head at the back. I began using this when she was 5 months for just a couple of months. Her head slowly began to change shape and it seems to have kickstarted the rest of her head following suit. ”Callie - Verified Buyer
Mimos Pillow comes in 5 different sizes for every stage of baby’s growth. To determine the size for your baby, we recommend you to measure the baby’s current head circumference. For premature babies, please use adjusted age (estimated due date).
Warning: None of the sizes is intended for use on an incubator.
|SIZE XS||Less than 37cm (premature)|
|SIZE S||Between 36 to 46cm|
|SIZE M||Between 42 to 49cm|
|SIZE L||More than 49cm (18 months above/toddler)|
|SIZE P (carseat)||Between 36 to 46cm|
How to measure
Proper positioning of measuring tape:widest circumference, avoiding ears
showing - of reviews
Where are Mimos Baby Pillows made?
Does the Mimos Baby Pillow help with Flat Head Syndrome?
Is the Mimos Baby Pillow Allergy-Free?
Yes, the Mimos Baby Pillow is made of anti-Allergenic material with Oekotex 100 Class 1 certified for direct baby contact.
Can I use Mimos Pillow together with my baby’s bouncer, cot, car seat and stroller
The Mimos Baby Pillow can be used anywhere when the head is resting on a flat surface, even if is a soft flat surface. We have a specific pillow size for using in a stroller or car seat - ‘size P’. Simply select ‘Size-P’ from our product page to purchase the correct Mimos Pillow.
How long does delivery take?
Shipping within the UK is by Royal Mail Signed For service
- Tracking # will be sent to you via email.
- Orders are usually fulfilled 24 hours after your purchase (excluding weekends & holidays).
- Orders will usually arrive within 2-6 business days.